Work Health & Safety Australia Consultancy is pleased to offer Electrical Test & Tag Services to individuals and commercial workplaces including high risk construction. The Electrical Safety Act 2002 and the Electrical Safety Regulation 2013 places duty upon all workplaces to ensure the risk of electrical accidents are prevented. To achieve this goal, if you are a business or employer (or other PCBU) you must make sure that electricalequipment is regularly inspected and tested by a licensed technician with specific qualifications in electrical equipment testing and inspection.
Our expert technicians provide Test & Tag service and inspections to ensure all electrical equipment in the workplace is safe and your business complies with all relevant electrical requirements and legislation. At WHSAC we utilise a sophisticated Portable Appliance Tester (PAT) which remains one of the most comprehensive and efficient methods of ensuring an items electrical safety.
As part of our test and tag service, WHSAC technicians complete comprehensive Visual & Electrical Testing on all equipment before being tagged as safe.
Our Services include:
- A visual check of all appliances and electrical leads
- Electrical testing performed with Portable Appliance Tester (PAT)
- Tagging of all appliances and leads with next due dates
- A detailed registry of all equipment, test results, and due dates
- Follow up reminders of next test (sms, email, or call)
- Electrical Testing of:
- Earth leakage
- Current leakage
- Insulation resistance
- Polarity Testing
Test & Tag Frequency Rates
- EVERY 3 MONTHS Hired equipment, construction sites.
- EVERY 6 MONTHS Factories, workshops, places of manufacture, assembly, maintenance or fabrication, commercial cleaning equipment.
- EVERY 12 MONTHS Environment where the equipment or supply cord is subject to ‘flexing’ (General office / Commercial environments)
- EVERY 2 YEARS Residential type areas (hotels, motels, boarding houses, halls, hostels)
- SAFETY SWITCHES or (RCD’S) Must be tested by a licensed and competent person for ‘operating time’.
- EVERY 12 MONTHS for ALL areas of operation whether fixed or portable.
- EVERY 3 MONTHS (portable switches only apply) for hire equipment and the construction industry.
For further details on the individual test frequency rates please click here.
For more information on our Test & Tag services please contact us.